Occupation Licences

Retirement villages are becoming very popular for older clients as they offer a safe and maintenance free lifestyle.

If you move into a retirement village you will need to sign an occupation licence with a solicitor. The occupation licence is your agreement with the village and it is often a very large document that can be quite overwhelming. At Shanahans we will break it down for you and make it more manageable for you to understand. We can also prepare enduring powers of attorney for you as most villages will require copies of these when you move in.

Contact us on 827 2783 or email Mary Anne Shanahan or Frances Edmonds for more information about retirement villages and occupation licences.