The late Michael Shanahan established Shanahans in New Lynn in 1955. Shanahans was the first law firm in New Lynn.
Originally located on Totara Ave, the firm moved to its current premises in Hugh Brown Drive in the early 1970's.
Mick Shanahan was a well known and respected personality in Waitakere. He was a life member of the Karekare Surf Club, New Lynn Rotary and the New Lynn Returned Services Association.
Mick represented West Auckland on the Auckland Harbour Board in the 1980s and was elected Chairman of the Board for a number of his years on the board. His contribution to the community was rewarded in 2002 with an OBE. Read here for Mick's experiences as a lawyer in New Lynn.
Mick's daughter Mary Anne Shanahan joined the firm in 1981 becoming a partner in 1988. Following Mick's death in December 2004, Mary Anne took over the practice. Mary ran the business of Shanahans as a sole practitioner until April 2013 when Shanahans Law Limited was incrorporated and Frances Edmonds joined her as a Director of the Company which still trades as "Shanahans"..
To meet the team that runs Shanahans today, please read more.